“Etiquette means behaving yourself a little better than is absolutely essential.” Will Cuppy
In life and in business first impressions as well as on-going interactions are critical because people buy from people. Employees’ appearance, attitude and behavior are therefore a direct reflection of your company and brand.
Whether it is appropriate dress or image, sending out professional business communication, wording an email correctly or having awareness about cultural sensitivities, having good business etiquette can give us the edge in almost every situation.
How does your employees measure up?
During this full day training course your employees will learn the hidden value – and priceless potential – of image, etiquette and protocol and how it can make a difference to their career success and your business.
Who should attend?
- This course is applicable to all levels within your organization.
Business Lessons – everything about work we did not learn at school or university
Etiquette in the office
- What is business etiquette and why is it important?
- Understanding the importance of perceptions and first impressions
- How to maintain a professional appearance
- How to develop a professional greeting and handshake
- How to manage your workstation
- How to behave in an Open Plan office set-up
- How to develop positive, professional relationships with your co-workers
- How to develop positive, professional relationships with your superiors
- Professional e-mail etiquette
- Professional meeting and business function etiquette
- Appropriate use of the Internet
- Handling ethical dilemmas
- Maintaining loyalty and confidentiality
- Handling personal issues in the workplace
- Tips for being assertive rather than aggressive
- How to manage your time professionally
Communicating in the workplace
- How to listen actively
- How to understand and use appropriate body language
- How to handle difficult people
- How to deal with anger in yourself and others
- Top tips for effective professional verbal communication
- Positive scripting and ownership of conversations
Modern Telephone Management Skills
- Telephone Etiquette and Powerful Telephone Tips
- Answering Calls
- Making Calls
- DO’s of Good Telephone Etiquette
- DONT’s of Good Telephone Etiquette
- Zero Tolerance Examples
- The Top 25 Positive Words and Phrases
- What is cultural diversity?
- How to become more sensitive to cultural diversity