Confidence & Assertiveness
Employees who are passive at work are often undervalued and ignored for promotion. Being more assertive will bring your employees better opportunities and more job satisfaction. Learning to act and speak in a more assertive way could help them overcome obstacles such as shyness, low self-esteem and a lack of confidence. During this two-day training course they will gain the tools and techniques to boost their confidence and build their self-esteem.
Who should attend?
Any level of employee who needs to become more confident and who needs to behave in a more assertive, productive manner.
- What is confidence
- Our self-concept affects our self-confidence
- Dealing with past “failures” and low self-confidence
- Self-confidence and life skills
- How can i project confidence even if i don’t yet feel confident
- How to create the right impression
- Analyse your own levels of confidence in various situations
- High levels of self-confidence are important - but why
- Practical ways to enhance your confidence
- Factors that increase self-confidence
- Creating a positive outlook
- The top 25 positive words and phrases
- Essential steps to increase your confidence levels - how to ensure you get what you want
- The seven habits of highly effective people®
- What is assertiveness?
- Assertive versus unassertive and aggressive behaviour
- Analyse your own assertiveness levels - how to be more assertive
- How to turn aggressive behaviour into assertive behaviour
- Changes you can expect from being assertive
- How to manage conflict in an assertive manner
- Essential steps to increase your levels of assertiveness
- Key life skills -- self-assessment
Practical Exercises, Tips and Tools
- How to communicate confidently
- How to have a difficult conversation with your boss, colleagues, friends or family
- Tips for being assertive - how to become the person you want to be
- Tips that can help you be more assertive
- How to deal with difficult situations in a confident, assertive manner
- Practical exercise