Develop Your Leadership
This course is aimed at employees who have been earmarked for succession or find themselves in a management position for the first time. This training intervention will equip the delegates not only with a list of actions all leaders and managers should take and which mistakes to avoid, but also how to build and lead teams to great performance. It will cover all aspects related to leadership requirements in today’s business world, including managing change, communicating powerfully and effectively motivating and inspiring a team through emotionally intelligent behavioural management of people. It will provide them with the knowledge and know-how to ensure sustainable successful leadership and management into the future and help them to be smart with people.
Who should attend?
- Middle management level employees
- Team leaders
- Employees who have been earmarked for succession into management
An Introduction to Leadership and Management
- What Is Leadership?
- Leadership “Styles” That Make Up Outstanding Leaders
- Differences Between Leadership and Management
Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
- What Is Emotional Intelligence?
- Origins of the Concept
- The Ability-Based Model
- Practical Empathetic Communication
- The Ingredients of Ethical Value Based Leadership
- Common Mistakes Leaders Make
- Summary of Good to Great by Jim Collins
- The RACI Principle of Delegation, Role Division and Work Sharing
- 10 Ways to Prevent Pointless Meetings
- A Leader Lets Other People Find Meaning in Their Lives by Brand Pretorius
Teamwork and Motivation
- Ingredients of a Great Team
- Powerful Leadership Lessons from the Movie ‘Coach Carter’
- What Is Communication?
- The Communication Process
- Types of Communication
- Non-Verbal Behaviours for Effective Communication
- Barriers to Communication
- Active Listening
- E-Mail Etiquette Rules
- 10 Step Action Plan for Personal Impact
- Communicating Important Decisions
Transactional Analysis as a Communication Tool
- Transactional Analysis
- Philosophy of TA
- How to Have a Difficult Conversation
Coping With Confrontation
- Managing Anger in Yourself and Others
- How to Calm Down Angry People
- Who Are the People Who Resist Change?
- What Is Change?
- Change Management
Leadership Self-Assessment Activity
- The Results