Emotional Intelligence – what is it and why does it matter?
"The greatest ability in business is to get along with others and influence their actions."
EQ, more than IQ, determines professional and personal growth and success. The fundamentals of EQ will improve your inter-personal relationships, communication skills and increase your professional and personal success. EQ can be developed to increase your skills in being organised, effective, focused and positively motivated.
Who should attend?
All levels of employees who want to develop their EQ
- What is emotional intelligence
- Origins of the concept
- The five domains of eq
- The ability-based model
- Characteristics of emotional intelligence
- How to improve your emotional intelligence
Emotional Intelligence, Self-Awareness and Self-Management
- EQ and the characteristics of a high vs. Low EQ
- What to do with your emotions
- Johari window for increased EQ
Emotional Intelligence and Inter-Personal Relationships
- Comparison of sympathy with empathy
- Practical empathetic communication
- Managing anger in yourself and others
- How to calm down angry people
- Coping with confrontation
- The seven habits of highly effective people®
Emotionally Intelligent Communication Skills
- What is communication
- The communication process
- Types of communication
- Non-verbal behaviours for effective communication
- Barriers to communication
- Active listening
- Steps to provide feedback in difficult conversations
Transactional Analysis as a Communication Tool
- Transactional Analysis
- Philosophy of TA