This action-packed 3-day simulation is aimed at anyone occupying a management position and includes those in a services function. It revolves around a generalised Manufacturing and Packaging Process in which teams compete with each over a number of shifts to produce and sell products of a specified quality. Operational challenges (Eg: Breakdowns, absenteeism, safety incidents, non-conformances, re-cycling) are provided to force process analysis and continuous improvement. Outcomes include a list of prioritised goals including corresponding projects and project teams. (Projects are optional)
LEARNING UNIT 1: BUSINESS PLANNING
LEARNING UNIT 2: MEASURING RESULTS
LEARNING UNIT 3: INNOVATION
LEARNING UNIT 4: FINANCE
Teams and individual participating in this simulation will gain the ability to:
- Plan production in a team setting
- Communicate more transparently and effectively
- Use information more effectively to optimise a production process.
- Analyse the value stream piece by piece in order to identify, measure and cost various forms of waste
- Continuously improve the production process and supporting systems using the Plan, do, check and act, cycle.
- Calculate income, operational costs and operating profit.