This action-packed 3 day SIMULATION is aimed at anyone occupying a management position and includes those in a services function. It revolves around a Mining and Processing Simulation in which teams compete over a number of shifts to produce and sell precious metals. Environmental opportunities and challenges are provided to make this absolutely meaningful and authentic. Teams compile and analyse an income statement at the end of the simulation. Team activities are critically reviewed daily.
Can also be used for TEAM BUILDING, days can be negotiated.
Teams and individual participating in this simulation will gain the ability to:
- Plan production in a team setting
- Communicate more transparently and effectively
- Use information more effectively to optimise a production process.
- Analyse the value stream piece by piece in order to identify, measure and cost various forms of waste
- Continuously improve the production process and supporting systems using the Plan, do, check and act, cycle
- Calculate income, operational costs and operating profit.
LEARNING UNIT 1: BUSINESS PLANNING
- Business market and strategy
- “Planning Room” - effective and emotionally intelligent communication
- Business goal alignment
- Value stream identification
- Skills “stock taking”
- Labour & material budgeting
- Business risk management
LEARNING UNIT 2: MEASURING RESULTS
- Performance culture
- Identifying key value stream indicators
- Creating a scoreboard
- Tracking and capturing information
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness
- Overall Labour Effectiveness (OLE)
- Digitalisation and measurement
LEARNING UNIT 3: INNOVATION
- Non-conformance management
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Lean manufacturing
- Continuous improvement
- Lateral thinking & problem-solving techniques
- Plan, do, check and act cycle
LEARNING UNIT 4: FINANCE
- Financial statements ABC
- Sales (Income) volume and exchange rate fluctuations
- Cost of sales including fixed and variable costs and inflation.
- Budgets and budget assumptions
- Income statement & profit calculation.