This action-packed 3-day simulation is aimed at anyone occupying a management position and includes those in a services function. It revolves around a generalised Manufacturing and Packaging Process in which teams compete with each over a number of shifts to produce and sell products of a specified quality. Operational challenges (Eg: Breakdowns, absenteeism, safety incidents, non-conformances, re-cycling) are provided to force process analysis and continuous improvement. Outcomes include a list of prioritised goals including corresponding projects and project teams. (Projects are optional)
Can also be used for TEAM BUILDING, days can be negotiated.
Teams and individual participating in this simulation will gain the ability to:
- Plan production in a team setting
- Communicate more transparently and effectively
- Use information more effectively to optimise a production process.
- Analyse the value stream piece by piece in order to identify, measure and cost various forms of waste
- Continuously improve the production process and supporting systems using the Plan, do, check and act, cycle.
- Calculate income, operational costs and operating profit.
LEARNING UNIT 1: BUSINESS PLANNING
LEARNING UNIT 2: MEASURING RESULTS
LEARNING UNIT 3: INNOVATION
LEARNING UNIT 4: FINANCE