Unit standard - 12140: Recruit and select candidates to fill defined positions.
NQF Level 5
This workshop equips HR and Line Managers to recruit candidates and conduct job interviews
It supports Employment Equity legislation and the employment of disabled persons. The traditional interview ranks very low in terms of being able to depend on the results. In this course, you will learn how to maximise the interview process and supporting practices like reference checking in order to make reliable judgments and placements. We will practice running and critically evaluating interviews in class.
· Are there alternatives to recruitment?
· What does validity in selection refer to?
· What is a selection matrix?
· Where does psychological testing fit?
· What types of interviews are there?
· Who does what in the interview?
· How do I formulate questions?
· How do I keep the score and stay fair?
· How do I conduct effective reference checks?