Against unit standard - 12140: Recruit and select candidates to fill defined positions.
Credits: 9, NQF Level 5
This workshop comprehensively prepares learners to recruit and select applicants. It supports
Employment Equity legislation and the employment of disabled persons. The traditional interview
ranks very low in terms of being able to depend on the results. In this course, you will learn how to
maximise the interview process and supporting practices like reference checking in order to make
reliable judgments and placements. We will practice running and critically evaluating interviews in
· Are there alternatives to recruitment?
· What does validity in selection refer to?
· What is a selection matrix?
· Where does psychological testing fit?
· What types of interviews are there?
· Who does what in the interview?
· How do I formulate questions?
· How do I keep the score and stay fair?
· How do I conduct effective reference checks?