Against unit standard - 11286: Initiate disciplinary action
Credits: 8 - NQF Level: 5
This is an extremely helpful, hands on workshop!!
This workshop prepares learners to deal with discipline progressively and at the lowest possible level in the workplace. Hearings although formal are at a low level and typically cover a professional approach to verbal and written warnings. Supervisors are prepared however to take offences to higher -level hearings.
Who should attend:
● Line Supervisors
● IR Officers
● HR Officers
● Shop Stewards
This workshop will answer the following questions:
• Are we dealing with misconduct or performance?
• How do I classify misconduct?
• How do I write out a complaint?
• What does an informal hearing look like?
• How do I give warnings?
• What are disciplinary principles?
• How do I deal with absenteeism?
• How do I deal with insubordination?
• What about poor performance?
• What about dealing with alcohol abuse?
• How do I manage discipline confidently?
• What about discipline and conflict?
The workshop covers the following work units:
WU 1: Discipline ABC
WU 2: Initiating Discipline
WU 3: General Misconduct
WU 4: Assertive Discipline
WU 5: Poor Performance