Online Option: 3x 4-hour MS Teams Sessions, with pre-work between sessions (over a 5-day period)
Contact Option: 3x full days
This is an extremely helpful, hands on workshop!! Please have a look at the attached PDF document.
Against unit standard - 11286: Initiate disciplinary action
Credits: 8 - NQF Level: 5
This workshop prepares learners to deal with discipline progressively and at the lowest possible level in the workplace. Hearings although formal are at a low level and typically cover a professional approach to verbal and written warnings. Supervisors are prepared however to take offences to higher -level hearings.
Who should attend:
● Line Supervisors
● IR Officers
● HR Officers
● Shop Stewards
This workshop will answer the following questions:
• Are we dealing with misconduct or performance?
• How do I classify misconduct?
• How do I write out a complaint?
• What does an informal hearing look like?
• How do I give warnings?
• What are disciplinary principles?
• How do I deal with absenteeism?
• How do I deal with insubordination?
• What about poor performance?
• What about dealing with alcohol abuse?
• How do I manage discipline confidently?
• What about discipline and conflict?
The workshop covers the following work units:
Session 1 LU 1: Discipline Principles
Session 2 LU 2: Planning to Discipline
Session 3 LU 3: Informal to Formal hearings