We currently offer this workshop via eLearning (videos and zoom sessions) and/or on an in-house basis. Please contact us to confirm when is the next public eLearning course scheduled
Please view our eLearning Orientation YouTube video that explains the programme outline:
Unit standard details:
117877: Perform one-to-one training on the job
Credits: 4; NQF Level: 3
This course is aimed at learners who need to coach others on defined work related tasks. It is expected that learners who attend this will not previously have attended formal training on the subject, hence this course will provide a solid introduction to training principles. Learners will be expected to prepare and conduct a coaching session using a given coaching plan template. These demonstrations will represent formative assessments.
This workshop will answer the following questions:
• What is coaching?
• Where does it fit in training?
• What are the ingredients of a lesson?
• What are adult learning principles?
• How do I know when I should be coaching?
• What is readiness for coaching about?
• What is a skills gap?
• What is discovery learning?
• What is a skills audit?
• How do I coach by questioning?
• How do I conduct assessment?
• What skills should I have to be an effective coach?