Learners will be able to demonstrate the basic knowledge and understanding of emergency preparedness and the responses needed to preserve life.
· Understand the different types of emergencies that may be encountered in the workplace
· Explain the purpose of warning, mandatory, statutory and informative signs
· Describe the effects that these emergencies in the workplace may have on worker health and
· Understand the importance of emergency plans and the scope of such plans
· Emergencies may include: Floods, Fires, Explosions, Seismic events, Power failures, Emission of
gas,sudden release of gases, Chemical incidents, and equipment failure.
· Restricted and confined areas, traveling ways and escape routes is according to specified