This course focuses on safe manual handling procedures. Employees are able to work in a safely and
competently with loads thereby preventing incidents to their backs or other lifting areas of the human body.
· Importance of back safety
· Legal obligations: Employer and Employee
· The science of leverage on the human back [inclusive of calculations]
· Various impacts manual and mechanical labour has on the body [acute and cumulative trauma]
· Ergonomic factors associated with manual lifting.
· Personal Protective Equipment associated with manual handling.
· Proper handling techniques.