This skills training programme is accredited by the ETDP SETA at NQF Level 5 for 10 credits.
This unit standard will provide recognition for those who facilitate or intend to facilitate learning using a variety of given methodologies. Formal recognition will enhance their employability and provide a means to identify competent learning facilitators.
People credited with this unit standard are able to:
• Plan and prepare for facilitation;
• Facilitate learning; and
• Evaluate learning and facilitation.
Unit Standards Covers:
• Analysis of learners and learning needs reveals the key elements of learning required to achieve defined outcomes. The learning outcomes are confirmed to meet stakeholder objectives
• Plans cater for the needs of learners and stakeholders, possible learning barriers, previous learning experiences, literacy and numeracy levels, language, culture, special needs and different learning styles
• Resources, locations, and personnel are arranged to suit intended delivery.
• Learning material is prepared to suit the purpose of the facilitated activities and the agreed outcomes
• Preparation of the facilitation process ensures the facilitator is ready to implement the process. This includes the availability of key questions, scenarios, triggers, challenges, problems, tasks and activities as is appropriate to the situation.
• Learning is facilitated in a coherent manner using appropriate methodologies in line with established principles associated with selected methodologies
• The learning environment and facilitation approach promotes open interaction and ensures learners are aware of expected learning outcomes and are active participants in their own learning.
• Questioning techniques are consistent with the facilitation approach, promote learner involvement and contribute towards the achievement of learning outcomes.
• The review reveals strengths and weaknesses of the planning, preparation and facilitation of learning.