The Revised Champions course now INCLUDES insight into the Revised Codes of Good Practice as set out by the dti in October 2012, that seeks to answer these types of questions:
- How do the proposed changes to B-BBEE possibly affect your B-BBEE scorecard?
- How do you improve the overall level of your Organisations B-BBEE Scorecard in a way that is sustainable?
- Do you know what qualifies and what doesn’t for the B-BBEE Scorecard, and what evidence you need to prepare and present before verification?
How do the BEE processes within an organisation thrive in a business environment that demands that we do more with less, while having a long-term strategic view?
The B-BEE Champions Course has been designed to effectively equip the BEE Champion or Transformation Manager with the necessary knowledge and competencies to be effective in understanding the various BBBEE Scorecard pillars and implementing the necessary changes in the Organisation in order to maximize the Organisations B-BBEE Scorecard level.
The course content:
- The Draft Revised Codes of Good Practice
- The macro-economic context of B-BBEE in South Africa (the “WHY?” of empowerment)
- A technical understanding of each of the seven pillars of the BBBEE Scorecard, including targets and measurement criteria (the “WHAT?” of empowerment)
- The calculations to build a current state scorecard.
- Planning the implementation of BEE in the organisation
- Preferential Procurement, the alignment to PPPFA, Value
- Adding Suppliers and the new Enterprise Supplier Development
- Employment Equity within the context of B-BBEE
- Skills Development interpretations, learnerships, definitions of disabled individuals and how to maximize the human capital pillar of the scorecard
- Enterprise Development best practice
- The capacity to update the company’s BEE position on an on-going basis
- Guidance on collecting all the necessary documentary evidence in preparation of a formal Rating or Verification
- Consolidating all the theory through practical exercises and case studies
An Immersion Experience of Alexandra
At Transcend we believe that with true transformation BBBEE has got a chance, it’s for this reason that we expose the delegates of the BEE Champions course on what we call is an “Immersion Experience”.
The delegates of the BEE Champions course will be exposed to an environment where entrepreneurs have grown their business’s over 300% over the past few years, working in an environment that was constructed to house 20 000 families in a square mile, but now has 750 000 people in-habiting this space.
The Alexandra Transformation Immersion experience, a unique perspective of the context of transformation and the reality of empowerment within South Africa will bring the context of ED and SED together in a very real way.
Companies that have benefited from our training...
BHP Billiton; ABSA; Jet Demolition; Department of Agriculture; Telkom; Alexander Forbes; Anglo; Imperial Group; Barloworld; BMW; Grindrod; De Beers; Discovery; Liberty Life; Mutual & Federal; Nedbank; Old Mutual; Parmalat; Standard Bank; First National Bank; Group 5; SASOL; Murray and Roberts; IDC; NEF; Xstrata; Mvelaphanda; Siyanda Coal; Sun International; Woolworths
In-House Customer Specific Programs
All our training is available as in-house training and can be presented to your EXCO, Human Resource Team, Suppliers, and Procurement Team etc.
Provisional SETA Accreditation
Analyse compliance to legal requirements and recommend corrective actions.
NQF level 5
There will be an additional 4 hour session to prep learners for the POE submission.
Learners who complete the POE and are assessed as Competent will receive a Certificate of competence from the Services Seta .