This workshop is designed to provide a strong foundation in understanding the principles and skills of good leadership; how to apply influencing techniques and how to communicate effectively when delegating tasks. Completion of this training will provide team leaders with skills on building relationships together with effective strategies on ‘getting the job done’ through others.
Introducing the role of leadership
• Understanding the difference between management and leadership
• Approaches to leadership
- Types of Leaders
- Building Relationships
- Why leaders influence
- Process of Delegation
• Why Delegate?
• Model of Delegation
• Effectively employ of influencing tactics
The process of delegation
• Accountability vs. responsibility
• Delegation vs. instruction
• Ways to delegate
• Key points when delegating
• Who to delegate to?
• What can and cannot be delegated
• Why not delegate?
• Evaluating delegation
• Common problems found when delegating
• Model for effective delegation