The Online Course in eBusiness and eCommerce focuses on optimising customer relationship management in an online environment by examining eBusiness and marketplace models, eBusiness strategies, eMarketing and procurement in some detail. The initial investment for an eBusiness start-up is generally lower than starting a traditional business, and with technology becoming more advanced and easier to obtain, the barriers to opening a business have been significantly reduced or even removed.
This course comprises six unit standards totalling 51 credits.
This is a six day workshop, with an additional day for prep and PoE one month later (following completion of summative assessments.) The six days can either be done successively, or over a six week period.
The course content is taken from the Further Education and Training Certificate: Generic Management - ID 57712 and comprises the following unit standards:
Apply leadership concepts in a work context (US 242824, Credits 12)
The purpose of this programme is to equip the learner with the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to plan strategically to improve business performance and to manage general administration, finances and operations in a new venture.
* Manage general administration
* Manage finances of a new venture
* Plan and manage production / operations in a new venture
* Plan strategically to improve business performance
- Group bookings - could also be presented at your Workplace.....
The purpose of this programme is to equip the learners with the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to develop within themselves, the personal characteristics of an entrepreneur that ensure the successful operation of a new venture and to apply the concept, principles and theories of motivation in a leadership context.
* Demonstrate an understanding of an entrepreneurial profile
* Explain and apply the concept, principles and theories of motivation in a leadership context