A course focused on the Legal Liability of all employers , directors and management structures.
Understand your liability within Law and the personal implications regarding fines, imprisonment and
other forms of prosecution.
This course focuses on the prevention and the control of fires at work
· Understand the common causes of fires at work
· Understand the chemistry of fire and combustion
· Describe the classification of fires and identify associated fuel sources
· Understanding the types of extinguishing Mediums and select the appropriate medium during a fire
· Understand the techniques to apply when fighting a fire.
· Demonstrate the ability of using the available equipment (extinguishers, hose reels, hydrants, foam,
Learners will be able to demonstrate the basic knowledge and understanding of emergency preparedness and the responses needed to preserve life.
· Understand the different types of emergencies that may be encountered in the workplace
· Explain the purpose of warning, mandatory, statutory and informative signs
· Describe the effects that these emergencies in the workplace may have on worker health and
· Understand the importance of emergency plans and the scope of such plans
Clients may nominate the various courses that they wish to train their employees on.
These courses are then developed or tailor made based on their operational risks.
Courses are further aligned to Client Specific policies and procedures which may be included on the
courseware or training material.
Relevant unit standards will be aligned into the courseware or training material.
(Inclusive of Advanced Health and Safety Training Course).
Learners will learn to apply safety, health and environmental principles and procedures in a workplace to
contribute to safe and healthy working environment and to assist management in implementing
SHE management programs in the workplace.
South African Legislation
·OSH Act 85/1993
·Duties and Responsibilities of Employers
·Employer’s Responsibilities to the She Rep
·Duties of employess
·Election of SHE REP
·Requirements for appointing a She Rep
·Funtions of a SHE Rep
·Department of Labour
An International course based on the OHS Administration [USA]. Explore the hidden dangers involved in
hot work, cold work and confined space entry activities. Learn more about how permit to work systems
regulate such activities.
**Client’s hot/cold work systems may be included into courseware making the course a Client Specific course.
This course focuses on safe manual handling procedures. Employees are able to work in a safely and
competently with loads thereby preventing incidents to their backs or other lifting areas of the human body.
The United Nations will this week begin the 75th session of its General Assembly, where the nations of the world gather to seek collective solutions to global challenges. As the world confronts another global crisis, the UN remains as important and relevant as ever.