This course focuses on the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, 85/1993.
· Understand the elements of reasonably practicable within the framework of health and safety risks
· Understand the key requirements, duties and responsibilities of the employer and employee
· Understand legal compliance issues:
1 day - 50 sections only; 2 - 10 days - with site specific regulations
A course focused on the Legal Liability of all employers , directors and management structures.
Understand your liability within Law and the personal implications regarding fines, imprisonment and
other forms of prosecution.
This course focuses on the prevention and the control of fires at work
· Understand the common causes of fires at work
· Understand the chemistry of fire and combustion
· Describe the classification of fires and identify associated fuel sources
· Understanding the types of extinguishing Mediums and select the appropriate medium during a fire
· Understand the techniques to apply when fighting a fire.
· Demonstrate the ability of using the available equipment (extinguishers, hose reels, hydrants, foam,
Learners will be able to demonstrate the basic knowledge and understanding of emergency preparedness and the responses needed to preserve life.
· Understand the different types of emergencies that may be encountered in the workplace
· Explain the purpose of warning, mandatory, statutory and informative signs
· Describe the effects that these emergencies in the workplace may have on worker health and
· Understand the importance of emergency plans and the scope of such plans
(Inclusive of Advanced Health and Safety Training Course).
Learners will learn to apply safety, health and environmental principles and procedures in a workplace to
contribute to safe and healthy working environment and to assist management in implementing
SHE management programs in the workplace.
South African Legislation
·OSH Act 85/1993
·Duties and Responsibilities of Employers
·Employer’s Responsibilities to the She Rep
·Duties of employess
·Election of SHE REP
·Requirements for appointing a She Rep
·Funtions of a SHE Rep
·Department of Labour
An International course based on the OHS Administration [USA]. Explore the hidden dangers involved in
hot work, cold work and confined space entry activities. Learn more about how permit to work systems
regulate such activities.
**Client’s hot/cold work systems may be included into courseware making the course a Client Specific course.
This course focuses on safe manual handling procedures. Employees are able to work in a safely and
competently with loads thereby preventing incidents to their backs or other lifting areas of the human body.
Some post offices have not been able to operate, following looting incidents and unrest in Gauteng and KwaZulu Natal. This has affected SASSA grant beneficiaries who collect their grant payments from post offices.
The South African Post Office (SAPO) has put together a list of closed branches and alternative branches that are open for beneficiaries to visit.