Stock and Fixed Asset Management
There is a significant cost to carrying excess stock, which is often misunderstood or simply mismanaged.
Effective stock and asset management will have a very direct and positive effect on cash flow and profitability.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- All supply chain staff
- Business owners
- Non-financial managers
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT
- Differentiate between the different types of assets within the business unit
- Gain insight into how to maintain a balance between too much and too little stock
- Identify which type of stock is prone to theft and how to put systems in place to minimise this
- Understand how effective stock management impacts the profitability and returns
- Implement an inventory management system
- Calculate stock turn and its impact on your bottom line
- Assess the value of assets and calculate depreciation correctly
- Develop a Risk Management programme appropriate for your business
WHAT WILL BE COVERED
- Differentiating between fixed assets and stock in a business unit
- Principles of stock and fixed asset management
- Identifying problems arising from too little or too much stock
- Why stock control is so critical
- Risks associated with stock management
- The importance of quality, quantity, time, price and source in managing stock
- Calculating stock turn for a business unit
- Asset registers, valuation of assets and principles of depreciation
- Risks associated with fixed asset management and how to minimise them
You can view all our courses HERE
Other People Were Also Interested In
The education department has announced several changes in the hope of improving education outcomes in South Africa. One significant change has been revealed in the 2024 school calendar covering school terms and school holidays.
The University of South Africa (Unisa) has opened applications for the 2023 academic year’s undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The undergraduate programs provides qualifications such as higher certificates, advanced certificates, national diplomas, advanced diplomas and degrees.