Are you aware that companies with more than 50 employees are required to have a training committee? In addition it is essential that all relevant parties are up to date with current legislation and all related requirements.
This course is intended to be interactive and will equip delegates with the skills and knowledge necessary to deal with skills development as intended by legislation. It will also provide delegates with an understanding of the essentials of Occupationally Directed Education Training and Development (ODETD) practices as well as an update on all current legislation and how this may impact their business environment.
By attending this course you will gain an understanding of how you can develop a “culture of learning” in your organisation as well as clarifying the importance of the Skills Development committee and how they can support and enhance the effort of the HR Division as a whole.
Your comprehensive programme includes:
– Brief overview and revision of the Skills Development Act, Skills Development Levies Act and the NQF Act and the impact they have on your organisation
– Reviewing the Employment Equity Act in relation to Skills Development
– Understanding changes to legislation – SETA’s and the Quality Council for Trades Occupations (QCTO) and the effect this will have on your Skills Development strategy
– Explaining the functions, duties and responsibilities of the Skills Development Committee and why you need to have one in place
– Introducing the proposed new structure of qualifications and why it matters
– Examining SDF Qualifications and the importance of the role of the SDF
– Developing the workplace as a place of learning – conducting skills audits and identifying skills gaps to develop a successful Skills Development plan
– Understanding Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and the many benefits to both employers and employees
– Re-designing job profiles aligned to new requirements and employment equity
– Choosing the right training provider – checking the credentials
The course is available either online through blended training or in our training facility as a classroom course.
Classroom price: R 3 250 Ex VAT
Online Training Price: R 2 650 Ex VAT
About Your Course Facilitator
Des Squire is qualified and registered as a Skills Development Facilitator, Assessor, Moderator and Verifier. He has also recently completed his advanced studies as an Occupationally Directed Education Training and Development Practitioner.
Des is passionate about education and training and in the development of workers and adult learners in particular. He has been involved in the training industry for the past 20 years and is a regular facilitator for Labour Guide, as well as a major contributor on skills development forums such as Skills Universe and Skills Portal.