Advanced Report Writing
Course covers unit standards 12153 and 110023 at NQF level 4 worth 11 credits
A Services Seta certificate will be issued on submission of a portfolio of evidence by the learner.
4 Day course
• Writing and improving the quality of business and technical reports.
• Compile technical reports ensuring content and format are appropriate.
• Discuss the focus of the report – deciding on correct content.
• Meeting reporting deadlines.
• How to select, format, structure and layout reports: including headings, bullets and numbering.
• Ensure the document sequence is logical and meaningful.
• How to present information differently: text, graphs, tables,
flow charts and diagrams.
• Organising and structuring a technical text appropriately.
• Presenting the same information in different ways.
• Technical reports
• General reports
• Report checklists
• Topic or subject matter
• Purpose of the report
• Scope of the report
• Section identification systems
• Table of contents
• Stages of report production
• Checklist for editing our work
• Appendix: homophones and parts of speech