A report is supposed to be a tool that decision makers can use to make informed operational and strategic decisions. It should be clear, accurate, structured, readable and above all else, useful! Report writing is a skill that needs to be learnt and practiced. In order to write a report that will actually be used, you need to fine-tune some key competencies.
This 2 day report writing course will introduce you to the optimum technical and business report structure, how to incorporate technical data in a user-friendly manner, how to limit ambiguity and finally produce a report that decision makers can not only trust, but actively use to drive key business decisions.
Key Benefits of attending this course:
* Ensuring that top management can determine the situation of the organisation from an effective report.
* Understanding the key principles and purpose of your reports so they are written effectively
* Providing your reader with a clear picture in the report by using a well-designed structure, that ensures a logical flow of relevant information
* Overcoming writer’s block when getting started so that your reports are clear and communicate the message that you want to get across to the decision maker
* Presenting different types of information in the most clear and appropriate way so that decision makers understand the financial situation of the organisation before any potential issues may arise
* Enhancing your reputation by presenting your reports professionally by adopting fool-proof editing, proof-reading and checking disciplines to ensure flawless reports
* Applying a readability index to ensure your reports are aligned with your original purpose and intent