Highly successful secretaries and PAs all have some things in common. They are seen as a super valuable resource to their bosses and they continue to surprise and delight their employers with the value that they add to all those around them. While solid technical know-how is of course vital in the role, there are some very key “Softer Skills” that a great secretary needs to master in order to become a truly valuable to their organisation.
This intensive 1 day training course focuses on the top skills you need to master in order to truly add value. It addresses key performance areas like being proactive rather than reactive, improving your productivity through task, priority and time management, learning appropriate business communication styles in different situations, appropriate office conduct, staying away from gossip groups and much, much more.
Key learning areas covered during this course include:
* Providing your manager with the right, proactive support that they need from you by using guaranteed and successful working relationship techniques
* Maintaining office co-operation and harmony by always conducting yourself in the most professional manner
* Managing chaos effortlessly and calmly as you prioritise and organise your day, your manager’s day and make others work your way!
* Influencing others to help you achieve your managers objectives - even if they are from different departments
* Discovering appropriate ways to interact with people of different levels in various business situations like meetings, confrontations and after-hours functions
* Getting through difficult days by using simple but effective stress management techniques
* Ensuring that you continue to go from strength-to-strength and succeed as a secretary or PA by continuously assessing your own strengths and limitations
This course is available as both a blended training option (online) and classroom training option. The price varies dependent on the training option chosen:
Classroom – R 3 795 Ex VAT
Blended – R 3 195 Ex VAT
Please feel free to contact us for more information or to enquire about possible course dates.