Whether you're planning to start a project to refine your company culture or you want to make sure that the culture you have is healthy, the following are some key questions you can ask yourself in order to evaluate your current culture.
- How do you reward performance? What is the incentive for doing great work? What is the incentive for doing good work? What is the incentive for doing average work?
- What are people's goals and objectives at work? How much autonomy do they have in achieving them?
- How transparent are decisions, processes, and information at work?
- How do people communicate with one another at work? Are there formal channels of communication, or must everything go through channels, or are things less formal and more casual and open?
- How is feedback delivered and received in meetings, in teams, and in the workplace as a whole? Is it positive or negative and how is it communicated?
- How can I ensure that my employees feel safe voicing their opinions or concerns about our company culture?
- What does success look like for us as a company?