Many of the skills development priorities, nationally and within companies and organisations, are met through the efforts of learning and development practitioners, and this qualification addresses the key competencies of such practitioners.
The qualification will increase the employment prospects of Occupational Learning practitioners, while helping to ensure quality and competence within the Occupational Learning field.
The qualification further supports the continued development of key established employment opportunities associated with occupationally directed education and training, including, skills development facilitation, assessment practitioners and Skills Development Facilitator (SDF) practitioners as part qualifications.
The qualification also places emphasis on the educational strategy that provides learners with real-life work experiences where they can apply knowledge and technical skills and develop their employability through work-based learning. This qualification recognises the need for qualified practitioners that are competent in planning and facilitating work-based learning interventions, as a part qualification. This will achieve the need for qualified persons who are able to support workplaces and learners with the implementation of work experience components of learnerships, internships and apprenticeships.
The qualification is designed to meet the competency profile of persons delivering learning and development services, at the interface of the delivery of learning and development services within the occupational qualification framework. This recognises a further need for professional development at higher levels of learning and development research, planning, design and impact assessment.
A qualified Learning and Development Practitioner will be able to:
- Analyse learning and development needs, within an occupational context, compile learning and development plans and reports and guide stakeholders on learning and development trends, practices and quality assurance.
- Schedule, coordinate implements and evaluate an occupationally relevant learning and development intervention.
- Coordinate and manage learning and development within an occupational context.
- Facilitate learning in an occupational context utilising adult learning principles and techniques.
- Plan, implement and evaluate work-based learning interventions in an occupational context.
- Plan and conduct assessments in a variety of occupational contexts.
To register for any of the following qualifications, click on the link below:
- National Certificate: OD ETD Practices Level 6, 145 Credits
- Occupational Certificate: Training and Development Practitioner, Level 5, 190 credits
- Occupational Certificate: Occupational Trainer, Level 4, 124 Credits
- Occupational Certificate: Career Development Information Officer, Level 5, 120 Credits