Management Development Programme
Becoming a manager can be a daunting process. Whether you are about to embark on this new journey or have been managing a team for some time, you are more than likely aware that the responsibilities of a manager come with a whole host of different expectations and skills on top of your technical ability.
This course aims to demystify the various tasks, activities and functions that come with the management role. The aim is to help managers understand their purpose in supporting and galvanising the team to achieve results, as well as their requirement to make decisions, plan, organise, lead and control. The course provides plenty of practical elements to help managers enhance their abilities across the range of activities and tasks expected of a manager.
By the end of this course, learners are left in no doubt of their managerial responsibilities and will have gathered some fresh ideas to implement back in the workplace.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- First-line Management in larger organisations above supervisor level
- Supervisors and section heads who need to take the next step in career development
- Management at any level in small organisations
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT
- Delegates will learn the principles that they need to apply to be effective managers
- The broader tasks, activities and responsibilities required of Management will be contextualised and understood with practical exercises.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED
- The purpose of business and how the business functions work together to achieve the organisation’s purpose and goals.
- The purpose of managers and the roles and responsibilities expected of managers
- The management process of planning, organising, leading and controlling
- Various leadership methods to enhance the performance of the team
- Tasks of management including communication, coordinating, motivating, delegating, disciplining, and evaluating
- Decision-making skills.
You can view all our courses HERE