Applications for SASSA’s R350 grant will be opening on Friday. This was confirmed during a media briefing held on Wednesday by Social Development Minister, Lindiwe Zulu.
Applicants can start applying from 9am on Friday 6 August 2021. First payments for successful applicants will be made in the last weeks of August
The Minister has urged all of those who previously applied for the R350 grant to reapply for the new cycle of the grant.
Zulu said all applicants will only be able to apply once on the system, as SASSA aims to ensure that all details supplied by applicants are correct.
During the briefing, the Minister also revealed the eligibility criteria for the new grant, as many wait to apply.
Eligibility criteria for SASSA R350 grant:
- South african citizen
- Permanent resident or refugee registered on home affairs database
- Persons who are holders of the special permits under the special angolan dispensation, Lesotho exemption permit dispensation, Zimbabwe exemption permit dispensation
- Asylum seekers whose section 22 visas or permits are valid or were valid on the 15th of March 2020
- Currently residing within the borders of the Republic of South Africa
- Above the age of 18, below the age of 60
- Not receiving any social grant in respect of himself or herself
- Not receiving an employment insurance benefit and does not qualify to receive an employment insurance benefit
- Not receiving a stipend from NSFAS and other financial aid
- Not receiving any other government Covid-19 response support
- Not a resident in a government funded/subsidised institution
- Caregivers who are not receiving any grant on their own behalf will also be eligible to apply for the SRD grant
“It is also important to highlight that all recipients who have not received some of their payments during the first iteration of the grant between May 2020 to April 2021 will certainly receive their payments in this new iteration. This will not affect the monies that are owed to them from the first iteration” said Zulu.