Making the decision to pursue a higher education is always a positive step forward. However, choosing the best course and following the application process can be complicated and daunting. Here are the steps to submitting your application if you are planning to study through Unisa.
If you are planning to study further you will have to decide whether you will complete a higher certificate, diploma, bachelor degree or BTech degree.
This is just one of many choices that you must make before you can complete the application form. Unisa has provided a checklist to help prospective students complete the application process.
Unisa's application check list:
( Checklist as seen on the Unisa website)
If your application for admission to study through Unisa is incomplete, you will
have to re-apply during the next application period. Make sure that you've done the
* I have chosen my Unisa qualification
* I have checked that I meet the detailed admission requirements for my qualification
* I have applied online, at a regional office or via post
* I have uploaded/submitted a certified copy of my school qualifications (eg Senior
* I have uploaded/submitted a certified copy of my official tertiary academic record (if
* I have uploaded/submitted a certified copy of my ID document (RSA students) or
passport (foreign students)
* I have uploaded/submitted a certified copy of my marriage certificate or divorce
decree (if applicable)
* I have uploaded/submitted sworn translations of my documents if they are not in
English or Afrikaans
* I have submitted/submitted my application with the supporting documentation before
the closing date for applications
* I will pay the application fee within 5 days of being informed of my reference
Make sue that you have a valid e-mail address so that Unisa can communicate
with you during the application process. You will be expected to pay a R100
application fee which is non-refundable but that will only be required once you have
received a reference number from Unisa.
It is important to note that prospective students can only apply for a maximum
of two qualifications and no application payments or documents will be accepted
during the registration period.
The application form can be completed online of or you can visit a Unisa regional
office to submit your complete application online (application form + uploaded
Work through the information carefully to ensure that your application for
admission is complete and submitted correctly.
When Can I Apply?
The applications for full time study at Unisa will be open in the next few weeks. Keep watching Skills Portal for details.