The R350 grant opened for a new cycle of applications on Friday 6 August. Much like the previous cycle of applications, SASSA has set a deadline for payments.
Applicants have until March 2022 to apply for the new R350 grant. The new cycle of the grant is open to all applicants who meet the eligibility criteria.
"The applications shall be considered from the month of application and paid up to 31 March 2022 provided the qualifying criteria continue to be met. Monthly validations will be done for every application"
SASSA has urged old applicants to reapply, as no applications will be renewed from previous cycles of the grant.
"There will be no automatic qualification - all applications must satisfy the criteria and will be subjected to the entire validation process every month"
Requirements for the R350 grant:
- South African citizens/permanent residents/refugees/asylum seekers/holders of special permits
- Have no alternative source of income or financial support from any other source
- Between the ages of 18 and 60
The new cycle of the grant also allows Caregivers who are not receiving any grant on their own behalf to be eligible.
Where can I apply for the R350 grant?
Applicants will need to use one of the following platforms to apply.
- SASSA website - https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Email - [email protected]
- WhatsApp: 082 046 8553 (send a Whatsapp message to this number. Make sure to include your name, surname and ID number in the Whatsapp message. You will then receive a message which will detail the next steps you need to follow.)
- USSD line: Dial *134*7737# and follow the prompts
- GovChat: https://govchat.app/login\
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/govchat.org
What If My Application Is Declined?
SASSA has an appeals process in place to review applications that are rejected. Appeals can be made on the SASSA website by following these steps:
- Visit the SASSA website at https://srd.sassa.gov.za/
- Scroll and check the "Application for reconsideration" heading
- Select "click here to apply online or check reconsideration status"
- Follow the prompts
Appeals must be submitted within 30 days of receiving the application outcome. SASSA warned beneficiaries that it will not automatically review rejected applications.