Not having access to your National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) allowance could leave students without the ability to purchase essential needs to ensure they can focus on their work at a university or Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college.
NSFAS have revealed that some students have not been receiving their allowance from the scheme due to an incorrect cell phone number. Updating your cell phone could ensure that you get your allowance.
Here’s How To Update Your Number On NSFAS Wallet
- Log onto your myNSFAS account and proceed to update your details.
- Change your current cell phone number on the myNSFAS portal to that of your NSFAS Wallet account
- Now change this number (STEP 2) to the new cell phone number you wish to use on your NSFAS Wallet account.
- You will then receive an SMS advising you to verify your wallet account by dialling *120*176# from your new cell phone number
- Enter your password
- You will be required to re-verify
- Follow the prompts on your cell phone to come.
Alternatively, you can contact NSFAS via their social media pages for assistance or call on 021 763 3200 or 0800 067 327
Here’s NSFAS Official Social Media Pages
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: National Student Financial Aid Scheme