The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (Nsfas) provides bursaries to students from poor and working-class backgrounds. However, many students failed to apply for the bursary before the application closing dates
When Will Nsfas Applications Open For Semester 2?
Nsfas have announced they will be opening the 2nd-semester applications for students studying at Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges.
This applies to TVET students who are currently not funded for Nsfas but wish to apply for funding.
The application period will be open from 4 July 2022 and close on the 22nd July 2022.
Here are the Nsfas Requirements
- Be a South African citizen.
- Registered at any public university for the 2021 academic year.
- Have a combined household income of less than R350 000 per annum.
- Have a combined household income of less than R600 000 per annum for people living with disabilities.
- SASSA grant recipients automatically qualify based on their financial eligibility.
- Have a valid email address.
- Have your own valid cell phone number