Today is the last day candidates wanting to participate in the May/June National Senior Certificate (NSC) and Senior Certificate (SC) examinations can register.
The May/June NSC and SC examinations provide candidates with an opportunity to obtain a matric qualification or improve the results they have previously obtained.
Improving your matric results could lead to your admission to a Bachelor's Degree program at a university or entry into a course offered at a private institution.
Qualifying Criteria For The 2022 May/June NSC Examinations
- Candidates who were absent from an examination with a valid reason
- Candidates who want to improve their overall achievement status only want to improve their achievement in a particular subject
- If a candidate was absent for one exam paper of a particular subject, you will need to write all of the papers for that subject
- In a case where an irregularity is being investigated, a candidate may receive provisional enrollment, pending the outcome of the investigation.
Candidates can only enrol in subjects that they were registered for during the 2021 November NSC examinations.
NSC candidates may only register manually at a district education office or at the school where they previously wrote their examinations.
Qualifying Criteria For The 2022 SC Examinations
- Adult learners who are 21 years old and older who have a General Education Certificate (GETC); or a Grade 9 school report (or old Standard 7 report) stating they have passed; or a recognised equivalent qualification obtained at NQF Level 1, which requires two official languages.
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older who have an incomplete Senior Certificate qualification.
- In exceptional cases, out of school youth, who are 18-21 years old and who could not complete their school education due to circumstances beyond their control, as verified by their Head of Department.
- Adult candidates who are 21 years old and older with an incomplete NSC may choose to convert to the Senior Certificate. However, should the candidate covert their qualifications to the Senior Certificate, they may not revert to the NSC and attempt to complete the NSC qualification.
SC candidates may register at a district office or on the government's eservices portal: www.eservices.gov.za