South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) has warned those hoping to apply for the R350 grant to only use the official application channels.
Since opening applications on 6 August, SASSA has had to debunk many fake claims made on social media. The agency has now distanced itself from any websites that are not the official application channels.
- SASSA website - https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Email - [email protected]
- WhatsApp: 082 046 8553 (send a Whatsapp message to this number. Make sure to include your name, surname and ID number in the Whatsapp message. You will then receive a message which will detail the next steps you need to follow.)
- GovChat: https://govchat.app/login\
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/govchat.org
- USSD line *134*7737# (However, the line is not yet active)
"All applications will be treated as new applications every month. However each applicant need only apply once, thereafter the application will be considered monthly"
SASSA has apologised for slow traffic that some applicants experience while trying to submit their applications.