As the new month commences, around 10 million people will check whether or not the payment of their Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant has been approved.
Grant applicants may have noticed that their payment status is not yet visible. This has raised concern because if recipients of the R350 SRD grant can't view their payment status, they will not know if they will be paid.
The South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) has explained why some recipients of the R350 won't be able to view their grant status.
Sassa said, “The month of March has not yet been uploaded on the system”.
The SRD grant was originally supposed to come to an end in March 2022. However, the grant was extended for a further 12 months and will now end in March 2023.
You can track your grant status by following these steps:
- Go to the SASSA SRD grant website
- Scroll down to 'Application status'
- Click on 'Click here to check online'
- Fill in the required fields
- You should then be able to see the status of your R350 grant application